Careers at Enslins Auditors Paarl
The following positions is available at Enslins Paarl.
Job Title: Accounting Assistant
Location: Paarl, Western Cape
We are looking for a qualified Accountant to handle prepare, compute, manage, research and analyze all accounting data, to provide quantitative information on performance, financial position, solvency, liquidity and cash flows of our business.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all accounting operations based on accounting principles
- Collect, analyze, audit and summarize account / financial information and examining financial records to check for accuracy
- Responding to financial inquiries by gathering and interpreting data and meeting and interviewing clients
- Managing colleagues, workloads and deadlines and guiding accounting staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Audit financial transactions and document accounting control procedures
- Administering monthly payroll runs
- Preparation, compilation and presentation of reports, budgets, business plans, commentaries and financial statements and management statements
- Providing tax planning services with reference to current legislation
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Prepare month end journals and reconciliations for several accounts including the VAT and Fixed Assets.
- Calculating, reconciliation and submitting to Sars of all tax types
- Handling of queries and submissions to Cipc, UIF and Compensation Commissioner
- Submission of EMP501 reconciliation on Sars Easyfiling
- Other duties as communicated from time to tome by management
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Proven working experience as an Accountant in a small/medium firm or in a relevant field
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
- Excellent accounting software user
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- Financial prescripts experience (GAAP and GRAP)
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Thorough knowledge Accounting Software will be advantageous (SAGE, Pastel and Draftworx)
- Thorough knowledge Sage Payroll software will be advantageous
- Thorough knowledge of SARS / E-filing system & Sars Easy-filing
- Thorough knowledge Income tax, VAT Act
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform duties with limited supervision
- Deadline orientated with attention to detail
- Hands-on, proactive approach
Previous work experience in an accounting firm or accounting/financial qualification would be beneficial.
SARS eFiling experience is non-negotiable.