We are looking for an experienced accountant to join us at Enslins East London.
Important information to take into account:
- Applicants should be able to start immediately.
- The position is based in East London, but the successful applicant can work remotely after the training period of 1-3 months.
- Experience with SARS, Xero and Sage Accounting and Payroll is necessary.
- Applicants should also have experience in setting up financial statements on Draftworx.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage all accounting operations based on accounting principles
- Collect, analyze, audit and summarize account / financial information and examining financial records to check for accuracy
- Responding to financial inquiries by gathering and interpreting data and meeting and interviewing clients
- Managing colleagues, workloads and deadlines and guiding accounting staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Audit financial transactions and document accounting control procedures
- Administering monthly payroll runs
- Preparation, compilation and presentation of reports, budgets, business plans, commentaries and financial statements and management statements
- Providing tax planning services with reference to current legislation
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Prepare month end journals and reconciliations for several accounts including the VAT and Fixed Assets.
- Calculating, reconciliation and submitting to Sars of all tax types
- Handling of queries and submissions to Cipc, UIF and Compensation Commissioner
- Submission of EMP501 reconciliation on Sars Easy-filing
- Other duties as communicated from time to time by management
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Proven working experience as an Accountant in a small/medium firm or in a relevant field
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
- Excellent accounting software user
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- Financial prescripts experience (GAAP and GRAP)
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for SME’s
- Thorough knowledge Accounting Software (Xero, SAGE, Pastel and Draftworx)
- Thorough knowledge Sage Payroll software
- Thorough knowledge of SARS / E-filing system & Sars Easy-filing
- Thorough knowledge Income tax, VAT Act
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform duties with limited supervision
- Deadline orientated with attention to detail
- Hands-on, proactive approach
East London, Eastern Cape
15th Jun 2022